tequila seems to get a cruel edit in that most people associate it with some horrible night from their past. if that's you, put that bad mojo in the past because in moderation, tequila is key.
first and most important, find you a tequila that is 100% agave. two favorites of mine include:
- campo azul blanco ($11.99 @ trader joes)
- casamigos blanco ($30 @ most liquor stores)
4 reasons to love tequila:
- tequila is plant based
- tequila is carb free
- tequila is sugar free
- tequila tastes good and mixes well
and last but not least, my go-to tequila-based drink recipe* that won't break your budget -- calorie or money-wise -- is carb and sugar free, and is perfect for summer:
- 1.5 oz. 100% agave tequila
- 8 oz. still or sparkling water (try plain or grapefruit la croix)
- juice of half a lime
- lots of ice
mix all ingredients well and enjoy!
*squeeze of a grapefruit wedge, salted rim (pink or mineral salt!), a drop or two of stevia optional!